Protecting your equipment is essential for ensuring safety while saving on repair and replacement costs. One popular way to protect your tanks, process equipment, and pipes is to utilize protective linings. Rubber is a popular industrial lining material because it can withstand abrasion and corrosive applications. This protective rubber membrane helps reduce equipment failure and shutdown costs, and rubber has additional properties that make it an excellent choice for linings.
Rubber has been used in industry since 1929 when industry professionals realized it was perfect for protecting steel and concrete storage tanks against corrosion. Other beneficial rubber properties include
- the changeability of its size and shape;
- its dampening ability, which protects against impact, explosion, noise, and vibration;
- its pliability and elasticity, which make it an excellent sealant;
- superior wear resistance, which allows for less maintenance;
- its ability to act as a thermal insulator;
- the provision of impermeability; and
- its ability to bond with metallic surfaces utilizing suitable adhesives.
When is rubber lining the right material for your needs?
- When you need to protect your pipes and tanks against abrasive or corrosive materials, including mineral slurry, acids, salt water, corrosive liquids, and fumes. This use is common in aggressive corrosive and abrasive environments such as those found in chemical plants, power plants, steel mills, and mines. Rubber linings require minimum maintenance and less plant downtime.
- When you need to protect against abrasive materials like sand or crushed minerals. Rubber provides excellent protection against abrasion for steel and other materials, guarding them against solids and suspended particles.
- In addition, rubber is useful when you need a tight seal for water or gas. Rubber seals are effective even in the toughest environments.
- Pickling tanks
- Chemical storage tanks
- Water treatment tanks
- Tank trucks and trailers
- Plating tanks
- Slurry pipe
Rubber linings offer excellent protection because of specialized compounding for process applications. They also extend equipment service life and are economical.
Moon Fabricating experts offer superior rubber lining services
Our high pressure steam vulcanization process provides superior rubber lining, bonding, and curing. Vulcanization is controlled via state of the art electronic monitoring, and our specially sized vulcanizers can accommodate larger components and smaller pieces.
Rubber lining is also easy to replace with the Moon Fabricating relining process. Relining guards against major interruptions in production. Our relining process can save you money in materials, and when you use our onsite relining services, you will experience additional savings.
At Moon Fabricating, we understand the importance of safety and protecting your capital investments. When you need to ensure your equipment meets strict protection requirements, we have the capability and the know how to implement.