Over time, metal and other products can break down when liquids or moisture in systems cause corrosion. Corrosion can result in a variety of unintended consequences including contamination of end products.
To avoid system failure, the application of a durable corrosion resistant lining can be used to protect the integrity of the tank trucks, trailers, chemical storage tanks, water treatment tanks, facilities, and pipes. Without secondary liners, tanks may need to be repaired or replaced with greater frequency, depending on the type of material the tank holds. This can be extremely costly and time consuming. Installation of durable tank linings ensure the interior surfaces will last longer without expensive maintenance.
Various types of corrosion resistant linings for tanks and pipes are available, depending on the type of holding container and solution being stored:
- Rubber Lining — For corrosive and abrasive applications, rubber linings help reduce failure and, therefore, also reduce system shutdown costs when applied to tanks, pipes, and process equipment. Rubber linings are used in the steel, automotive, power generation, water treatment, and chemical industries, among others.
- Vinyl Ester — Vinyl ester is used for concrete and steel tank linings or as a concrete floor topping. It is resistant to acids and alkalis, making it a great lining for construction and other heavy duty industries.
- Pennguard Block — This lining type is most often used to protect the chimneys of power stations using fossil fuels. This liner is immune to acid gas and acid condensates even under high heat and pressure.
- Fiberglass — Fiberglass is particularly resistant to corrosion, making it the perfect choice for mining and a variety of other industrial applications.
- Teflon — Teflon is particularly resistant to chemical, gas, and vapor corrosion. It is used in a wide variety of industries including power plants, construction, and mining.
- Kynar — This resin corrosion blocker is used in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings around the world and is used as a corrosion resistant coating for metals in roofing, siding, as well as window and door frames to prevent rust corrosion.
- Koroseal — Koroseal is a brand of PVC thermoplastic for use in metal finishing tanks. Koroseal is an excellent cost effective lining for plating, anodizing, filtration, and waste water treatment with the ability to provide corrosion resistance to acids, alkalis, and salts in metal finishing and other environments.
Failure to coat or properly coat your tanks and pipes with the correct corrosion resistant material can lead to premature equipment corrosion and potential environmental danger. It is essential to work with an industry expert who understands and can help you determine the best corrosion resistant material for your needs.
For more information regarding corrosion resistant lining products or any of the other fabricating services we offer, please contact us through our website or call us at 765.459.4194. At Moon Fabricating Corporation, every job we do is customized for you.